SavingStar, Inc. Save on groceries with no clipping and no printing today



Sunday, February 28, 2016

#Artnaturals Konjac Facial Sponge Set - Brand Matters


Art Naturals Konjac Facial Sponge Set - 2 Pack
Best Under $10

In the past few months I've really started paying attention to my skin, especially on my face. I have what they call "mature skin" (that basically means I'm over forty). I'll admit, I have always been horrible about taking care of myself over the years. Isn't that something we women do, put others first? This year, I decided to set goals for myself, beauty routine-wise. I've had the chance to try all sorts of new things and have really noticed, that since I take the time to pamper myself each day, even for 10 minutes, I feel more confident about myself.

A few weeks ago I tried my very first Konjac Facial Sponge from another brand. Compared to the buff puff, I found it amazing and thought I would never use any thing else again. Little did I know, different brands had different quality. While the other brand worked well, my face wash didn't lather well, I thought it was just my product. Nope.

A little bit of handy information for you: Konjac sponges are very gentle and perfect for sensitive skin, rosacea, and dry flakes. Exfoliating your skin with these sponges can make your skin smoother and brighter. They are moist little pockets of happiness, feel squishy and clean well.

Art Naturals has their own line of Konjac sponges, so I thought, why not give them a try, I adore their product line anyway! The facial sponge set arrived packaged in a crafty box, clearly labeled with directions. Yep...you get two for the price you normally would pay for one.

BOX BACK


These sponges are 100% vegan and organic, ­paraben free, cruelty free with packaging made from recycled materials. You get one natural for daily use and one bamboo charcoal for once a week deep cleaning. Personally, I think they both feel the same. You'll find that each sponge comes with a string attached for hanging and a bonus suction cup hook to hang on your mirror to let your sponge dry. This is what was missing from the other brand I tried - handy hanging tools!



These Konjac sponges are sealed individually and are hard...don't worry, this is perfectly normal. You'll want to open the sponge of your choice and soak it in warm water for a few minutes. The size will double and it becomes super-soft and round, mine had no odors. I immediately noticed that compared to the other brand I tried, these sponges were much larger once wet. I set out with my coconut and honey face wash and couldn't believe how much better these lathered up the soap on my face. Brand really makes a difference.



I liked how these felt against my skin, not harsh, using it didn't strip my face, but did exfoliate well. I wear an eye brightener that is hard to remove, so with the shape of this sponge, getting under the lashes and in the corner of your eyes is a bit difficult. I think a tear-drop shape would make these even better. I've noticed after using these, my skin feels clean and hydrated, even before I moisturize. Always pat dry!

You'll want to sanitize your sponge every week by placing it in a bowl of water in the microwave for about 2 minutes, then wring out and hang to dry. I would suggest replacing after 3 months.

PROS: natural, 2-pack, exfoliates without stripping, LOVE the hanger
CONS: the only think to make these perfect is if the shape were teardrops for tight areas

I received this item at a discounted rate in exchange for an open, honest and unbiased review. My experiences are my own, we'd love to hear yours!

0 comments:

Post a Comment