SavingStar, Inc. Save on groceries with no clipping and no printing today



Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Bi-Annual Savings With Coupons

The past 6 months, I have put everything I spend into a spreadsheet to see where I'm saving money & exactly how much. I was worried at the beginning, as the first 2 months didn't seem like much. I would find some good deals here & there, but my average was saving about 50%. When you're on a fixed income, like we are...it's not enough.

I took some time off from my blog to focus on saving even more. I'm told if one can save more than 60%, you're considered an extreme couponer. I'm proud to say, even with my first few months in the start of the year, my overall average is now at 81%. It took some time and lots of practice but I think I have this coupon thing right where I want it. I have a great stockpile, I share with others and Ken and I have met some great people.


I've spent $1500.00 OOP, which is $250.00 per month or about $62.50 per week.

Does it sound high to you? Would it still sound like a lot if I told you that over 6 months, had I not combined coupons with sales, my retail cost would have been $14,500??? You heard me....in 6 months, I had amassed a stockpile valued at $14,500.00. Would it help if I told you I could not shop again for 6 months and be just fine? It's true!

I have purchased everything my family needs to include:
Normal groceries: Everything from snacks, condiments & baking to gourmet cheese & lunch meat
Spices: Lots & lots of spices
Meats: Steaks, Roasts, Chicken, Hamburger, Ribs, Whole Roaster Chicken, Breasts 
Health products: Allergy, pain meds, vitamins, sleep aids, sham/cond, feminine, deodorant, body wash
Beauty products: Mascara, eyeshadow, concealer, nail polish, foundation, liner, lipstick, hair dye, skin care, razors
Oral Care: Toothpaste, floss, mouthwash, toothbrushes
Paper Products: Toilet paper, napkins, paper towels, tissue, foil, Ziploc bags, cups
Laundry: Dryer sheet, fabric softener, laundry detergent, stain remover
Cleaning: Sprays, scrubs, air fresheners, sponges, dish soap, hand soap


I have enough to keep my family fed well for 4-6 months & we're well past comfortable for over year on anything else. I have been able to give to my neighbors & friends "just because I can" and I have been able to help several needy families personally with groceries & necessities.

I don't shelf clear and I don't hoard...but I also don't buy one of something either, especially if it's free or a money maker.

0 comments:

Post a Comment