SavingStar, Inc. Save on groceries with no clipping and no printing today



Sunday, November 13, 2011

Who's Ready to Get Back to Goodies?

Happy Sunday!

I sure have missed all of you!!!! I know it's been over a month since I've posted anything on a regular basis. I appreciate all of you that have stuck with me during this change, you decided you liked us enough to hang out patiently and for that, we are so grateful.

In case you missed what was happening in my busy world, let me give you a quick recap. Hubby and I decided a few months ago to make the move from living in sunny Florida and relocate to a place we've never even vistied, Alabama. Our decision was based on many things, one of which many of you can relate to....the need to live afford-ably and still have an actual life.  If you've never read my "About Me", my husband and I are both disabled and live on a fixed income. Anyhoo, our grown daughters, both had moved here already and assured us we would love it (that's trust right there). Being close to our grandsons was the creme on top!

On October 1st, we began our adventure with only one issue ( at a gas station when filling up, the attendant got my card mixed up with another person and rang up almost $200 in gas AND gave them my card...needless to say, the card was cancelled quickly). 

For the past month, my hubby, son and I stayed at my daughter and son-in-law's house. With 2 little ones and a house full, there was no room or time for me to blog with you all in a useful manner. On November 3rd, we found a small home to rent a mile away and I've been getting organized ever since.

It hasn't been easy, as I've somehow managed to lose things along the way such as pots and pans to cook with (no clue how that happened). I've also managed to learn that the local paper doesn't get any good coupons at all, even though the price is twice what I used to pay in Florida. Let me add that the change from the Eastern time zone to the now Central time zone has me off kilter, followed by the daylight savings time change...at least I managed to get 2 extra hours along the way.

So without further babbling, let's get back to the fun stuff and find some deals! I'm excited to share the goodies I come across, so hopefully I can jump right back on the proverbial horse and start where we last left off! I hope to back on track tomorrow, though I may be a tad slow at times. Thanks again for sticking with us. I should find something cool to giveaway, shouldn't I?

xoxoxox

0 comments:

Post a Comment